OSLD Remote Dosimetry Program
· IROC Houston has migrated to OSL dosimetry for the remote verification of standard calibration of radiotherapy units on June 1st 2010.
· The setup and blocks for irradiation are similar to those used in the TLD program and no change will be required in the procedure except for the irradiation dose.
· OSL dosimeters will require a dose of only 100 cGy. We are asking for special attention to this.
· OSL dosimeters are reusable. We appreciate a quick turnaround in the irradiation and return of the dosimeters so that they can be used again.
· IROC Houston has performed extensive tests and commissioning of the dosimetry system and has high confidence in its performance. For more information click here